Latest
Celebrate Shakti

What is Shakti? Shakti is being alive, the feeling of vibrancy, experiencing meaning. Shakti empowers us to seek positive change, to forever be a student, and to find purpose in every moment. Shakti is the foundation for conscious living. Every May since 2011, there has been a special community gathering…

5 Reasons to Teach Yoga for Free

Cover Photo: Shaunte Ditmar Photography The new year is in full force and instead of adding any more weight to the unpredictable future, maybe introducing a softer approach to our world view could create some lasting ripple effects. As the world seems to be getting smaller, faster, and cloudier, at…

Love Teaching Yoga

I met Michelle Linane at the Yoga Expo in Santa Clara last summer. Her passion for yoga, business, and life is contagious. We connected right away as we both are devoted to creating more resources for the growing yoga teacher community. Michelle is the Founder of Love Teaching Yoga, a…

The Power of Sound: Simrit Kaur

I definitely remember when I first heard Simrit’s music. It was in a yoga class a few years ago at Wild Mountain Yoga in my hometown of Nevada City, California. After class, I asked the teacher who the artist was that was gracing our asana, and then I immeditately went…

The Fit Traveller

One of the greatest things I have learned from yoga and life itself is the power of CONNECTION. I am so grateful for all of the connections in the world and blessed with the connectivity that the path of yoga presents. One of these connections has been with Skye Gilkeson,…

5 Soulful Yoga Studios Along the California Coast

I grew up in California. Not on the coast, but in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Maybe this is why I have been so obsessed with the ocean the past 8 years; because it is different, mysterious, alluring. Whatever the case, I have deep gratitude for having the…

Retreat Chef Spotlight: WildRaw

[av_hr class=’invisible’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-tb6pw11′] I was fortunate enough to meet Cat Cannizzaro in the magnificent Mentawai Islands during a ‘Yoga Trade’ experience in 2012. I was there on a work exchange to teach yoga and and help out around…

Living Yoga Alchemy

I met Nicolina Sandstedt in March 2016 when I was a student of hers in the Living Yoga Alchemy 3oo hour core module at Yandara Yoga Institute in Baja, Mexico. During the weeks of the program I was inspired and intrigued by her strength and softness, her extensive knowledge of…

Sustain the Flow: Doug Swenson

I had the pleasure of meeting Doug Swenson in South Lake Tahoe, California where he holds annual yoga teacher training courses. As the years pass by, I am becoming more and more inspired and intrigued by people like Doug who have dedicated their life to the path of yoga….

Volunteering in Costa Rica…for Free (or nearly free)

Voluntourism (combining volunteering with touring while on holiday) has received some bad press lately and there are lots of legitimate reasons why. For starters, many places charge exorbitant fees to volunteer and often these “fees” have little, to no, transparency as to how it’s funding the project. Why pay to…

Inspiring Change: Misadventures

[av_hr class=’invisible’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-3jwz5y4′] The Yoga Trade community has been talking a lot lately about living yoga, taking action, and inspiring change. There is a lot of exciting stuff going on in the world today and we take pride…

It’s All About Balance: Yoga Business

[av_hr class=’invisible’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-5luaqsz’] Many full time yoga and wellness professionals support themselves by combining their teaching and healing trades with good business. This can be tricky as the philosophies of yoga and business can sometimes seem to contradict…

YogActivism: Peggy Oki

Cover Photo: Matt Dayka The Power of YogActivism As yogis we have a special responsibility to use the increased awareness and energy that can come from our practice and put it towards something positive. If we’re not careful, yoga can at times lead to a self-centered sense that it’s all…

Ayurveda: The Knowledge of Daily Living

A Story Share with Ayurveda Teacher, Sumitra Peterson I recently completed a 300 hour yoga training at Yandara, a wonderful community center in Baja, Mexico. Part of the training included choosing a 100 hour elective module, and I chose ‘Ayurveda’. I knew some basics about Ayurveda but had never fully…

Boundless Art Project

I met Alix several years ago thru mutual friends. She is one of those people that has a special charisma that beams with radiance. But just like all of us, Alix has endured thru much hardship and darkness. And it is the darkness that makes all of us who we…

Yoga is Within You

Thank you to our inspirational April Travel Rep, Sacha Bryce for sharing this story.   I am in Ubud, Bali & I am a yoga teacher.   That might not be the first time you’ve heard those two go together…   Bali & Yoga starting to sound like peanut butter &…

25 Quotes to Inspire Your Yoga Travel Life

Words of wisdom to inspire the yoga travel life… 1. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta 2. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin 3. “I am not the same, having…

Talking Story: Lauren Duke

[av_hr class=’invisible’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’ av_uid=’av-55ui1w9′] Lauren Duke is an inspiring yoga teacher based out of the eclectic town of Encinitas, California. She is the Founder of Yoga Bergamot, a studio that is committed to making yoga accessible to everyone in…

Home Free Yogis

After an epic El Niño sunset surf session in Santa Barbara, I decided to wind down with some yoga. Being new to area I ventured to the DiviniTree studio having no expectations. It was there I met the inspiring souls of James and his partner Krista who were in town…

Lakey Peterson on Yoga & Life

Lakey Peterson is one of the world’s leading female surfers. Beyond being a superior athlete, she also has passionate commitments to community and helping the planet. Here Lakey shares some of her insights on wellness, the environment, and what inspires her most. Thanks for taking time to share and for…

Yoga Teachers: The Importance of Continuing Education

[av_dropcap1]T[/av_dropcap1]he yoga industry is expanding faster than ever these days. If you aren’t a yoga teacher, there is a good chance you probably know one…or many. It is a beautiful thing to see wellness programs popping up all over the place in everyday “conventional” life situations; schools, hotels, community centers,…

Yoga Trade Membership

Connect with worldwide wellness opportunities and transformative ways to travel, work, live, and learn.

Membership