Latest
Teacher Tales: Eve In Motion

We met Eve at Veda Mela, downtown LA, last November. Her and one of our Living Yoga Ambassadors, Andrew Sealy were radiating their light through their graceful and intertwining movements of Acro Yoga. When we had a chance to talk to Eve, it turned out she had a very interesting…

The Company We Keep

Do we ever know who we really are? What we really want? Or are we an accumulation of the ideas, values, ambitions and goals of the company we keep? The 5th person syndrome, a concept I became recently aware of, which put simply, means -we become the company we keep….

Everything is Possible

Every now and then we come across inspiration that really lights us up! While browsing TED Talks on a rainy day, I stumbled across one from Tao Porchon-Lynch. The now 97 years young Tao has been named the “Oldest Yoga Teacher” by Guinness World Records. She has lived an amazing…

Living Yoga Video Contest WINNER!

Congratulations to Genevieve Rojas!!! Genevieve is the winner of the First Annual Living Yoga Video Contest at Yoga Trade! Her “personal memento” video submission really inspired us with her words, creativity, and beautiful light. For this she is receiving a one week stay at the Yoga Farm, Costa Rica; a…

10 Healthy Veggies to use in Green Smoothies

Our friends Michael and Kristel at Your Superfoods kindly shared this bit of Green Smoothie inspiration. Time to get green:) Do you catch yourself often making the same smoothie? Using the same vegetables? Just adding wheatgrass powder to your smoothie? We made a list of the healthiest and most delicious vegetables to use…

Learning to Be a Teacher

Before arriving in Kampot, Cambodia I knew what I was signing up for, but when it came down to it, the day before my first class, I was petrified. Banteay Srey expects their yoga teachers to lead one or two classes per day with a short morning class for the…

Inspiration From a Yoga Mamma

We are super grateful to have connected with Yoga Mamma, Stephanie Birch, from stephynow.com. Stephanie balances being an energetic and loving mom, a yogi, a creative light, and a wellness professional/business woman. And she does this all with tremendous positive spirit and grace. Thank you for sharing your story and…

iamVibes

There is definitely a positive shift happening on this planet. We are seeing more and more people and businesses beginning to live and act with a deep awareness for our Mother Earth. Here in this talking story, we are fortunate enough to catch up with Tom Hardless, the Founder of…

The Flow of Travel

This article is being graciously shared with us by Living Yoga Ambassador, Lauren Lee. You can find more inspiration at the community project she founded, ‘Raise Your Beat’.   The reoccurring theme in anyone’s story is the ever present adventure and mystery of life: the constant changing states of our…

Capturing Yoga Light

Yoga is sharing it’s light worldwide, and so is yoga photography. There is something unexplainably beautiful about capturing the essence of living yoga moments. Here we catch up with yoga photographer, Jason Reinhart to get some inside info on his life behind the lens.  How did you get into photography?…

Snow. Surf. Yoga. Art.

We connected with Taylor Godber in the summer of 2014 when she won our #natureinspiredyogi photo contest on Instagram. She truly inspires us with her passion for the mountains & the sea, her creative expression, her commitment to wellness and yoga, and her devotion to make the world a better…

Seeking Balance

This piece is shared by our friend and Yoga Trade community member, Briana Valorosi. Connect with Briana thru her blog here: https://openheartadventure.wordpress.com/ Seeking a Balance Between Strength and Flexibility “I am rooted, but I flow.”  -Virginia Woolf May I create flexibility in my life. I can bend. I am open. My…

Call and Response Foundation

Kirtan is a group singing and music making experience that blurs the boundaries between performers and audience. Mantra is a word or sound repeated to aid concentration in meditation.​ Here we catch up with Director of the Call and Response Foundation, Jennifer Canfield. She educates us about the benefits of community kirtan…

Capitol City Designer Finds Inspiration in Living Yoga

One of the beauties of yoga is that we can bring it into all aspects of our lives. Here we catch up with the super talented Northern California interior designer, Amy Aswell. In this talking story, Amy shares how her living yoga practice assists in inspiring her designs and keeps…

Salty at Heart

“The cure for anything is salt water; sweat, tears, or the sea.” Here we catch up with Kirstin Thompson, a salty lover and the Editor in Chief at Salty at Heart. Kirstin gives us the down low on the empowering journal, inspires us to make positive change in the world, and gets us…

Yoga Retreat Family

It is incredible how many yoga retreat centers are popping up worldwide. International popular hotspots include places such as, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Thailand. As the yoga community continues to build retreat centers, hotels, and sustainable living farms, there is one thing that is important to remember: the local communities!…

Real People, Real Yoga Stories

At Yoga Trade, we like to feature real people and real yoga stories. Yoga is for everyone, and how nice it is to get real and different perspectives from around the world. Here we catch up with the ultra inspiring Lesley Lotto. Lesley is currently thriving in Montana where she works…

Bhakti Fest Seva

Every spring and fall a gathering full of Love gathers in the California desert. These heart inspired unions are called Bhakti Fest. The Bhakti Festival brings well know yoga teachers such as Shiva Rea, Kia Miller, and Mark Whitwell, kirtan musicians such as Jai Uttal and Donna De Lory, and…

Yoga & Art in Costa Rica

KimMichelle is an incredibly talented and inspiring woman who is thriving in the jungle as a living yogi and artist. We are grateful to be able to share her insights and spirit as a talking story with the Yoga Trade community!  (Photos by Scott Martin Images) Tell us a little…

The Holistic Evolution of Business Culture

This article is being graciously shared with us by Living Yoga Ambassador, Lauren Lee. You can find more inspiration at the community project she founded, ‘Raise Your Beat’. Over the past 50 years throughout many Western cultures, social status (perceived success) was easily defined by material wealth. Whether it was…

Beyond the Mat

I recently became a RYT through Hollywood Market Yoga, a local studio in my town. This studio is magical, and serves as a second home for me. It provides a safe space where I can forget about my to-do list, forget about difficult times I am working through and just…

Yoga Trade Membership

Connect with worldwide wellness opportunities and transformative ways to travel, work, live, and learn.

Membership