Latest
9 Living Yoga Practices

There are many ways we can practice yoga without being in a studio or on a mat. Bringing the philosophies and teachings of yoga into our everyday lives is really what it’s all about. Yoga is much more than a set of postures. It is a way of life. Living…

Lessons From the Jungle

This article is a repost by Laruen Lee, founder of RAISE YOUR BEAT. The original posting can be found HERE.  A REFLECTION ON NATURE, CULTURE, & BEING Arriving back into Mother India (after having spent a couple of years away) I have been instantly been brought back to ‘earth’. From…

Mystical Yoga Farm

Nourish your soul and tend the land. Find harmony and sustainability within your community. Bonnie Norton is the Operations Director at the Mystical Yoga Farm in Guatemala. Here she fills us in on the innovative projects and sustainable programs they offer at this magical learning and growing center.   Tell us about the “sustainable living” at the…

A Better World

This is a repost from our friend Liz Clark and her blog at Swell Voyage. Thank you so much Liz for your bright light, for being an outrageously inspiring adventurer, teaching us how to “live yoga”, and for sharing these tips on how we can help to make a better world. You can…

Travel “Eco”

Eco-travel is an excellent way to travel with a purpose. We should all think about ways to make our travel sustainable, mindfully connected with local culture, and present. Here we catch up with Los Cardones Eco Lodge co-owner, Anne-Laure Sitton. In 2001, Anne and her husband followed their dreams of adventure and searched for…

Touch the Earth with Gratitude

Although I have never met Thich Nhat Hanh personally, his writings, words, philosophies, and spirit have had a significant and positive influence on my life over the past decade. As many people already know, on November 11, 2014, Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh experienced a severe brain hemorrhage. His current…

iSurf iYoga

Take a moment to meet Stacey Jones, the creative light and master mind behind the new project, iSurf iYoga (ISIY). We at Yoga Trade relate to and are truly inspired by the goals and passions of ISIY and are excited to share their efforts that encourage transformation, adventure, sustainability, and community…

Parker’s Paintings

Creation is the means of our existence. Being creative allows us to fully engage in the present moment while sharing our unique magic with the world. Here I met up with inspiring creative artist, Parker Detchon (ParkersPaintings.com). He lives in Portland, Oregon where he produces digital media and paints full…

Zen and Tomatoes

This fall harvest season, I feel super fortunate for being able to experience working on the tomato farm at Greg’s Organics in Grass Valley, California. Greg is a California Certified Organic Farmer who specializes in open pollinated heirlooms. His passion, enthusiasm, and Zen practices in the garden have led to…

The Power of Faith and Yoga

Meet Chanti Mai. She has been practicing yoga since 2002 and teaching since 2005. However even though she was living healthy and enjoying her life fully, nothing was guaranteed. In October 2013 she was diagnosed with cervical cancer with metastasis. Everything changed. The illness and treatments (two months of chemotherapy…

GO W/ THE FLOW

Meet Tori Reynolds and Ben Rivet. If you haven’t heard of them already, you will want to familiarize yourself with their amazing project, GO W/ THE FLOW (GWTF). I was blown away when I took their class this summer at Wanderlust Festival Squaw Valley, as I realized it was the most inspiring…

Benefits of Creating Volunteer Opportunities

There are infinite benefits of creating volunteer opportunities within your organization or business. It can help your organization grow, will bring zest and new insights to your business, and creates a “positive feedback loop” of giving and receiving. Here Yogi Aaron (Founder of Blue Osa Yoga Retreat + Spa) shares…

Share the Practice

Thanks to everyone who participated in our #sharethepractice Instagram photo contest @yogatrade. Congratulations to @cyogalab for “wowing” us with this photo: We love the lotus creativity and the sense of community we get from this captured moment. You can also connect with @cyogalab at their official website here: The Lab,…

Build Your Yoga Business with Substance and Soul

Many of us yogis are also creative business owners. This savvy business article was shared by our friend Brooke Roberts at Yoga Travel Tree who is launching her Soulful Business Bootcamp this October 2014. Thanks for the insights Brooke! DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH SUBSTANCE IN YOUR BUSINESS? When growing your…

Yoga Trade Membership

Connect with worldwide wellness opportunities and transformative ways to travel, work, live, and learn.

Membership