ASHTANGA YOGA GETAWAY, COSTA RICA
View registration details for this event!
yourself waking up to the singing of tropical birds and falling asleep to ocean waves crashing.
Starting your day with a meditation and Ashtanga yoga practice, and end it up with the mesmerising beauty of pink sunsets and sandy beaches.
Nurture your bodies with delicious farm to table vegetarian food and massages.
For most of us these uncertain times are challenging. Now more than ever it is crucial to give yourself time for self care. Time to reconnect with nature, and our roots. To retreat and restore in a safe environment, in sync with the Mother Earth, and ourselves.
Irena Bartolec, in partnership with The Azul Ocean Club, have created an escape on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica for 7 nights and 6 days, to do just this.
Our days will start with meditation and pranayama practice, followed by traditional Ashtanga Mysore and guided classes, taught by Irena Bartolec. Irena is an authorised KPJAYI teacher and Ashtanga practitioner with more than 17 extensive years of teaching.
We will offer a rolling schedule of afternoon events, that include further exploring our yoga practice and delving deeper into the body, free beach and relaxation time, or an evening of traditional Temazcal sweat lodge ceremony or Sound healing for those who want to try it.
For those who are craving more adventures there are national parks with Volcanos and hot springs near by. A variety of Costa Rica’s amazing surfing is in the neighbourhood. Horse back riding on the beach and visiting the waterfalls are easily arranged.
Our retreat is taking place at The Azul Ocean Club, a beach front Boutique Hotel, situated at Playa Azul, a heavenly location on the Guanacaste coast of Costa Rica, in on one of the world’s 5 blue zones.
The Azul Ocean Club offers quiet and fully equipped villas and rooms, with private entrances and balconies that give guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed and pleasant stay.
All meals on this retreat are vegetarian, prepared with love by our chefs, and with ingredients that are in season and sourced from local farmers
Costa Rica is all about Pura Vida, which means a simple life. Living in harmony with the rhythm of nature. Celebrating each new sunrise and watching the stars at night.
If you feel called to join us, this back to the roots journey will definitely be a memorable one.
To respect the current times, this retreat has a very limited attendance. All of our group activities will be held outdoors, including meals and yoga. The restaurant and yoga area are both outside and spacious, with a steady ocean breeze. Mats and props will be sanitised after each class. Rooms and community area are treated daily according to the Costa Rican health protocols.
Irena Bartolec is an authorised KPJAYI Yoga Teacher, currently based in Costa Rica. She holds and organises annual Retreats, Workshops, and Teacher Trainings internationally in Bali, Europe, and beyond.
Irena has 17 years of extensive Teaching experience in the fields of Yoga, Health and Mindfulness. She is the Creator and Director at Ashtanga Yoga Mama, established in 2014.
Irena has studied Yoga and Meditation extensively with Sri. K. Patthabi Jois, Sharat R. Jois, Rolf Naujokat, Richard Freeman, Lino Miele, Nancy Gilgoff, Eddie Stern, Dr. Jayashree and Prof. Narasimhan, Sharon Salzberg, Bodhi College. Their great wealth of knowledge, generosity, and tutelage have formed the pillars for Irena’s own yogic teaching style, and accompanying philosophies.
Irena’s refined teaching philosophy balances well honed strength with proper alignment, ensuring that students develop an extensive yet firm Yoga practice, equally pledging importance on Creativity, Individuality, Discipline and Tradition.
In 2004 Irena opened The Body Element Studio in her hometown of Zagreb, Croatia. She designed, conceptualised, created, managed, owned and taught at Body Element for 10 years. Her passion for Yoga and Wellness supplied Irena with the vision and fortitude to establish the first traditional Ashtanga Vinyasa program in Croatia. Her early teaching choices and business inceptions laid the foundation for a rapidly growing and currently successful Yoga community in Croatia.
In 2014 Irena Bartolec moved to Bali where she taught at Seminyak Yoga Shala until May 2019. She developed and lead their Ashtanga Yoga program, overseeing and teaching a very successful and influential Mysore program that drew students from all over the world.
Irena is a creator and lead teacher for Cosmos Yoga Academy Teacher training program.
She is a published writer on The Medium, and contributor at Sensa lifestyle Magazine since 2008.
- 6 days of daily meditation, pranayama and Traditional Ashtanga Yoga Practice
- 3 restorative workshops
- Evening gatherings
- Peaceful, quiet and unique location in untouched nature
- Healthy local vegetarian food
- Traditional Temazcal ceremony
- Sound healing journey
- Small, safe and intimate setting
- Spectacular sunsets and night skies
7:30 – 8:00 MORNING MEDITATION
8:00 – 10:00 MYSORE/ ASHTANGA PRACTICE
10:00 – 11:00 BREAKFAST
11:00 – 16:30 FREE TIME
16:30 – 17:30 RESTORATIVE (MON/ WED/FRI)
17:30 – SUNSET GATHERINGS
Prices per person:
Early bird:(until 1.March)
single room $1,470
double room $1,270
triple $ 1090
4 in villa $985
single room 1600 $
double room 1400 $
triple room 1200 $
- 30% deposit is needed to reserve your spot
- Complete payment is due on 8th April
- All deposits are 100% refundable or transferable to other dates
- Accommodation 7 nights/ 6 days
- Daily coffee, tea, breakfast and dinner
- All yoga programs
Useful info about traveling to Costa Rica:
- Closest airports are Liberia (LIR) and San Jose (SJO)
- Currently there are direct flights from Madrid and Frankfurt to SJO
- Free tourist visa is valid for 90 days, as well as your driving license
- Local Currency is Costa Rican Collones but most of the stores will accept US$ also.
- In April, weather is hot and sunny with average temperatures from 26-30 celsius.
- Check in is on 17th April at 2pm, check out is on 24th April at 10am
- Currently, No Covid test is required to enter the country
- The following requirements remain during the pandemic:
- Complete the digital form called HEALTH PASS and available at https://salud.go.cr
- This pass will be available 48 hours before boarding. It must be accessed in an updated browser (except for Internet Explorer). An individual form must be completed for every person, including minors.
- Purchase health insurance
- It is mandatory that tourists purchase travel insurance, covering their accommodations in case of quarantine and medical expenses due to COVID-19 illness. An explanation of one’s travel insurance coverage, addressing Costa Rica’s requirements, must be uploaded or entered into the HEALTH PASS in order to be reviewed and approved by the Costa Rican authorities.
- Upon booking you will receive a info sheet on how to prepare for your trip.
April 17, 2021 2:00 pm UTC-6
April 24, 2021 10:00 am UTC-6
Playa Azul, The Azul Ocean Club
Yoga Trade Membership
Connect with worldwide wellness opportunities and transformative ways to travel, work, live, and learn.