Trauma Responsive Mind-Body Wellness & SEL YTT
View registration details for this event!
The Rituals for Recovery Healing Arts Institute (HAI) invites you to attend our 200 hour “Trauma Responsive Mind-Body Wellness” (TRMBW™) & SEL Yoga Teacher training.
Unlike other 200-hour Teacher Trainings, our program is designed to elevate instructors into trauma responsive educators, trainers or community leaders in social change.
Our program uses a theoretical and empirically grounded approach, based on the body of trauma and yoga literature to support the effective and safe provision of trauma informed yoga, somatic healing and SEL to potentially vulnerable populations. Participants will learn the practice of yin and restorative yoga and will be prepared to teach classes through a trauma informed lens to adults and youth looking to develop a sustainable practice focused on post traumatic growth and the art of wellbeing.
In addition, Mental Health First Aid is an inclusive part of our program training and a prerequisite for our course participants to graduate.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the support provided to a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis. MHFA is a certified program from the Mental Health Commission of Canada.
Do you want to;
- Become trauma aware and learn how to respond to traumatic stress
- Educate yourself in somatic and healing arts practices for recovery.
- Learn what it means to be trauma informed and how to combine trauma education with social emotional learning to accelerate healing on and off the mat.
- Add new modalities, skills and adunct services to your toolkit that can support yourself and others with stress management, health and wellbeing.
- Prepare and teach yoga, meditation and pranayama sequences that can help to support specific physical areas of unresolved trauma.
- Discover how to achieve optimal mind body through regulation and inner resourcing .
- Recognise visual verbal and physiological cues in others through your attunement and empathetic resonance to create awareness, safety, care and compassion.
- Gain a strong foundation to teach TRMBW™ & SEL to support survivors of complex trauma and marginalized populations such as youth, refugees, asylum seekers, and women in shelter.
- Understand how trauma impacts our bodies, minds and spirits, and the essential steps of somatic trauma resolution.
- Deepen your own self-practice, be more embodied and connect to your innate wisdom.
- Connect to an inspiring community and become an agent of hope and healing in the world.
If you are a yoga or wellness practitioner, educator, coach, social service worker, health care worker, or helping professional who wants to become a trauma responsive educator, trainer or community leader in social change, this certification program is for you!
Join us and learn how Rituals for Recovery’s legendary program is redefining recovery, rebuilding communities and changing lives.
Registration is now open, visit our website to learn more!
September 8, 2022 12:00 am EST
December 18, 2022 12:00 am EST
On-Line Virtual Training EST
Yoga Trade Membership
Connect with worldwide wellness opportunities and transformative ways to travel, work, live, and learn.