My name is Isobel and I’m 24. I’m originally from London but am currently living in Brighton, working as a Primary School teacher and teaching a bit of yoga on the side.
I first did my 200hr YTT in Rishikesh, India in 2017, and returned to do a further 300hr last May. After doing my first training, I gained lots of experience teaching across Guatemala, Mexico, Costa Rica, Spain and the UK, in retreat centres, permaculture farms and festivals!
I am trained to teach Vinyasa, Hatha, Restorative, Yin and Yoga Nidra. I have a strong sense of creativity which I use to lead powerful and feel-good flows. My real passion, however, is to create deeply supportive and nurturing environments for more gentle practices which aim to cultivate a sense of peace for my students. I am a strong believer in the power of vulnerability, and hope that by sharing my practice, I can help my students feel able to meet resistance with softness, let go and become the observer.
I am deeply passionate about meditation, and after experiencing a vipassana last time I was in India, have a strong self-practice. I taught meditation sessions in Guatemala and would love to start doing this again.
As a Primary School teacher, I also have a great love of being around children, and would welcome any childcare responsibilities with open arms! I also have of experience in hospitality, guest interactions, animal care and gardening!
I’m personable, hardworking and easy going, and I have a huge passion for meeting people from all walks of life, and exploring new cultures and parts of the world.
A Little More About Me
|Currently teaching at:||
Octopus Energy, Brighton
Experience & Qualifications
Vinyasa, Yin, Hatha, Restorative, Yoga Nidra
* Vinyasa, Yin yoga and Meditation teacher at The Yoga Forest, San Marcos Guatemala
* Yoga teacher at Punta Mona Permiculture and Education Centre, Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
* Yoga teacher for Standon Calling music festival, UK
* Yoga teacher at Hostel Mirador, San Cristobal, Mexico
* Yoga teacher at Arboura Cabinas Hotel, Uvita, Costa Rica
* Yoga teacher at La Finca Paradiso, Spain
* Front of house at Suryalila Retreat Centre, Spain
* Yoga teacher at Octopus Energy, Brighton, UK
* 1 year of experience working in schools with 4, 5 & 6 year olds
* Numerous hospitality jobs across the UK from the age of 14. (restaurants, cafes, retail)
|Yoga Alliance Credentials|
|Teacher Training Program||
AYM Yoga School, Rishikesh
|Other Qualifications & Trainings||
History of Art Masters degree from The University of Edinburgh
PGCE in Primary Education
First Aid Training
|Type of opportunities I'm interested in...|