Alicia Ingruber is a Certified and International Yoga Teacher, health and wellness enthusiast, and avid traveler who believes the transformational power of yoga is for everyone. Guiding you through anatomically optimised yoga sequences, her classes are designed to bring you potent health benefits that will enhance you body’s healing power and leave you feeling open, energised and calm.
Alicia’s own yogic journey has been a source of strength and inspiration, helping to heal her from chronic pain, burnout and struggles with self acceptance. Gathering from personal experience and extensive study in anatomy, yogic philosophy and self-awareness, Alicia shares positive and life-enriching lessons so that you can feel good in body, mind and soul.
Known for her supportive and inspiring approach, funky playlists, dance-like creative sequencing and sincere commitment to her clients, Alicia has taught fully booked classes and private sessions throughout the Netherlands, Germany, Spain and Morocco and continues to inspire students to grow into the best possible version of themselves.
Alicia is Dutch/Australian, fluent in English and Dutch and is also a freelance Graphic Designer and Creative Director.
A Little More About Me
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Alicia loves to teach vinyasa classes that focuses on Core Strength. Her dance-inspired sequencing works with the Deep Core Line that not only double the health benefits during your time on the mat but her anatomic cues prevent injury. Sprinkled with organic movements and strength building exercises, Alicia gives students a chance to create their own unique yoga experience. She loves trying different and innovative styles of yoga to forever stay inspired.
|Currently teaching at:||
Tula Studio, Amsterdam
Experience & Qualifications
Vinyasa, Core Flow, Core Strength Vinyasa, Yin Yoga, Yin Yang Yoga, Pranayama, Meditation
Core Strength Vinyasa Teacher at Tula Studio, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
– Taught back-to-back Vinyasa Flow and Vinyasa Slow classes every Friday and Saturday for all levels, including students with injuries and disabilities. Integrated Core Flow poses and transitions into my sequences that students really enjoyed. Classes were in high demand and regularly booked full.
– Also taught private classes for small groups of beginners to introduce them to yoga.
Vinyasa, Yin and Yin Yang Yoga Teacher at Aerofit Gym, The Netherlands
– Began by regularly substituting all yoga classes for a group of students from ages 35-65 with mobility issues and various levels of yoga experience.
– Was met with enthusiastic feedback from both students and the owners of the gym and due to popular demand became a regular teacher.
– Taught popular evening candle-lit Yin classes and brought my personal props to assist students with limited flexibility.
Substitute teacher at Yagoy Studio, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
– Was asked by the owner to return to teaching classes at Yagoy. I substituted Sweat & Flow and Relax & Restore classes for all level students.
– I opened the studio for the morning class and signed students in.
Substitute teacher at Great Club, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
– Substituted for an all level Vinyasa class at a boutique gym.
Substitute teacher at Yogawise Studio, The Netherlands
– On call substitute for an all level Vinyasa class with an average age group of 55+, some of whom had injuries.
Private yoga classes, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
– Created personalised private classes for a triathlete who had undergone spinal surgery. Classes were created to lengthen and strengthen the muscles needed for running, cycling and swimming and to create flexibility and a greater range of motion. All movements were modified to account for her spine. Classes were a mix of Vinyasa, Yin and Yin Yang.
Yoga classes hosted by Your Superfoods, Berlin, Germany
– While working as a Creative Director at Your Superfoods, I taught yoga classes at their promotional events to promote a healthy lifestyle. The theme of the classes took the product into consideration. For example, with the Forever Beautiful: Antioxidant Mix, the class was focused on body positivity and self love.
– Taught morning Vinyasa classes to my colleagues designed to energise and inspire them for the productive work day ahead.
Taught a community class at Lululemon, Berlin, Germany
– A dream come true, I taught a mixed level heart opening class to a packed studio in Berlin with a strong positive student response.
Yoga Teacher at Yagoy Studio, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
– After completing my Teacher Training at Yagoy, I taught donation-based classes at their studio. I was then asked to substitute for other teachers and eventually became a regular teacher on the schedule.
– Taught Sweat & Flow, Power & Play, Grow & Flow, Yoga Basics and Yin Yang classes for beginners and more experienced yogis.
– Led classes of 20 students at a variety of levels, providing modifications for each level
– Represented Yagoy by volunteering to teach a free class for kids at a neighbourhood camping event.
– Wrote monthly blog posts about the Yamas and Niyamas for Yagoy’s students and how they could integrate those principles on and off the mat.
Organised and Taught Yoga Classes, Various Locations
– Organised and taught both group classes and private sessions in Amsterdam for absolute beginners.
– Was asked to teach morning rooftop yoga classes for surfers at Solid Surf House in Morocco when the teacher didn’t show up. Many students were inspired and excited to find a studio in their home towns.
|Yoga Alliance Credentials|
|Teacher Training Program||
A Strong Foundation 200 Hour Teacher Training with Mandy Lathan of Live The Practice and Yagoy Studio, Amsterdam
|Other Qualifications & Trainings||
– Online Core Strength Vinyasa Teacher Trainings with Sadie Nardini (105 hours)
– Intuitive Sequencing with Janet Stone (25 hours)
– Business Training for Yoga Teachers with Sadie Nardini (20 hours)
– Advanced Study: Core Flow with Marlene Henny (50 hours)
– Manifest Your Dharma: Business Training For Yoga Teachers (50 hours)
– 12 Week Ayruveda Nutrition and Lifestyle Training with Sahara Rose
– Sadie Nardini Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training (20 hours)
– Healing Trauma Through Yoga with David Emerson (5 hours)
– Emotional Gates Therapy Level 1 with Lionel Gougne (8 hours)
– The Art & Science of Sequencing with Mark Stephens (6 hours)
– Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Anat and Marcel of Yoga Garden (100 hours)
– Yoga Sequencing Module with Mandy Lathan (8 hours)
– Prana Healing Level 1 with Deborah Quiel (25 hours)
– A Strong Foundation: Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training with Mandy Lathan (200 hours)
|Type of opportunities I'm interested in...|