A Little More About Me
Lindsay teaches open-level Vinyasa Flow classes offering modifications and variations suitable for beginners through advanced practitioners. She enjoys working with students of all ages and levels. Her classes are dynamic, creative, playful, and challenging.
How long have you been a yoga instructor?
For 2 years
Has fitness always been a part of your life or did you at some point make a decision to seek out that lifestyle?
Always! At 5 years old I started taking gymnastics classes. I was also involved in dance and cheerleading for 15 years. During my college years, I coached tumbling and cheerleading.
What is your favorite healthy meal? Snack?
I love salmon with veggies and rice.
For a healthy snack I would say almonds or blueberries.
Were you involved in sports while in school?
I was heavily involved in competitive cheerleading all throughout high school and college. And yes it is a sport! I also competed in track and gymnastics for a couple of years.
How would you describe your teaching philosophy or style?
My teaching style is playful and challenging. I like to teach vinyasa flow classes with creative sequencing and fun music.
We hear you are involved in a charity? Tell us more about that?
I participate in Movement Charlotte which is an organization dedicated towards providing donation-based yoga to benefit local charities throughout the Charlotte area. Last fall, we put on a really fun yoga event called “Yoga in the Sand” at VBGB. It was to benefit Carolina Breast Friends. It was a huge success and we will be doing more events like it in the future.
Where were you born?
What is the last meal you ate?
Breakfast! Eggs, Bacon and a green smoothie.
Last movie you watched?
I watched Groundhog Day on Netflix a couple days ago. It’s one of my all-time faves. I’ve probably seen it 100 times, but it never gets old.
What is your pet peeve?
Your biggest indulgences?
Chocolate covered potato chips from Trader Joes. It’s so hard not to eat the whole bag at once.
What you cannot miss on TV?
I don’t watch TV too often, but I’m always checking Netflix for interesting documentaries to watch.
What is on your bucket list?
To travel lots and teach yoga in different countries.
What is your go to playlist song?
I change up my playlists often, but lately Riptide –FlicFlac Remix by Vance Joy has been on my playlists a lot.
Who are your heroes?
My Parents. They are the best.
What song instantly puts you in a good mood?
Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson. Fun Fact – That song was actually written by a yoga instructor!
What is your secret talent?
I can recite the Presidents. Always the history nerd, I memorized a poster of the Presidents in second grade and have been able to recite them in order ever since.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
My Grandma would always say “Do everything in moderation”
|Currently teaching at:||
Charlotte Yoga, Charlotte Athletic Club and travel teaching
Experience & Qualifications
Vinyasa Flow, Ashtanga, Hatha, Acro, SUP, Gentle, Deep Stretch
· Instructor of the Month April 2015 – YMCA of Greater Charlotte
· Charlotte Athletic Club – Currently teaching weekly – Open level Hot Vinyasa Flow
· Pure Body Yoga – Currently teaching weekly – Open level Hot Vinyasa Flow
· YMCA of Greater Charlotte – Currently teaching weekly – Intermediate/Advanced level Hot Vinyasa Flow
· Movement Charlotte – Currently teaching– Open Level Vinyasa Flow
· Olde Providence Raquet Club – 2014-2015 – Power yoga
· Burn Boot camp of Pineville – 2014 – Open Level Vinyasa Flow
· Handstand Master Class – December 2015 – Pure Body Yoga
· Transitions and Float Backs – May 2015 – YMCA of Greater Charlotte
· Work-Exchange – April, 2015 – Dreams Las Mareas, El Jobo, Costa Rica
· Arm Balances and Inversions – April 2015 – Pure Body Yoga
· Arm Balances and Inversions – February 2015 – Pure Body Yoga