Shannon Rose Scott
Shannon is a fierce-hearted, sensitive soul who is passionate about sharing the gifts of YOGA, SACRED SOUND, MEDITATION, and the EXPRESSIVE ARTS, with people of all ages. As an Advanced Hatha and VinyasaYoga Teacher, Registered with Yoga Alliance, and with additional specializations in teaching Nada Yoga, Osho Passive-Active Dynamic Meditation, Chakra Yoga, Therapeutic-Alignment Yoga, Restorative Mind-Body Yoga, Pre and Post-Natal Yoga, as well as yoga to children, and teens, Shannon is committed to bringing a wealth of knowledge and technique to her students. With an educational background in Child and Youth Work, Theatre and the Expressive Arts, Shannon is inspired to combine a caring sensitivity towards one’s emotional needs along with creative play, adventure and fun! Shannon’s greatest joy is in helping people overcome their physical, mental and emotional challenges and discover their potential to truly SHINE.
A Little More About Me
Although I adore Yogasana, my biggest passion and secret superpower is Nada Yoga – Sacred Sound! Sacred Sound is the Yoga of the 21st Century, and I am just in love with sharing the sound-based teachings of Sanskrit Mantra, Kirtan, and Nada Yoga Toning/Sargham Singing.
I am deeply passionate about providing transformational experiences that help put one in touch with their own inner wisdom and spiritual pursuits. I find that incorporating my many other tools such as Sacred Sound, Expressive Arts activities (ie Mandalas, Labyrinths, creative writing, dance, music, visual arts, etc), Tibetan Singing Bowl Sound Baths and Sound Massages, and various Meditation techniques into my Yogasana offerings, provides much deeper experiential processes and opportunities for change.
I am a Passive-Active Dynamic Meditation Teacher (style of Osho), and find that these meditations are also crucial components of the transformation process.
I come from the Kashmir-Shaivism Tantric Philosophy, but my approach is non-dogmatic, and non-conforming. I prefer to present the esoteric meanings, and offer the traditional guide-points, but allow and encourage people to find their own way of practicing that resonates most with them. I am passionate about helping others connect with their own inner guru.
Experience & Qualifications
Ashaya Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa, Nada (Mantra, Kirtan, Sanskirt, Bhakti)
Summary of Experience:
· 19 years of personal yoga practice with an extensive knowledge of various yoga styles
· Five years of solid yoga teaching experience, in the form of private lessons as well as small and large groups, to a diverse clientele ranging from beginners to yoga teachers in training, and with youth aged 5-16, to college students, adults, pre and post-natal, and seniors.
· Over twelve years of Provincial and International experience teaching youth aged 6-19, from diverse cultures and populations, in the areas of Expressive Arts, Therapeutic programming, Theatre Arts, Music, Dance, and ESL.
· Solid leadership skills utilized to guide, motivate and mentor participants.
· Excellent attention to detail, alignment and safety.
· Provides support with an empathetic, non-judgmental, playful, and caring nature.
· Emphasis on Community involvement and collaboration
|Yoga Alliance Credentials|
|Teacher Training Program||
Ashaya Yoga, Balanced Life Yoga, and Heart of Sound Nada Yoga
|Other Qualifications & Trainings||
Summary of Qualifications:
· 500 RYT (Vinyasa), 200 ERYT (Hatha), YACEP Provider, 200 hr RYT (Nᾱda Yoga: Mantra/Kirtan/Sanskrit/ Bhakti)
· Plus the following additional certifications: 100 hr Passive/Active Dynamic Meditation Teacher (style of Osho), 100 hr Tibetan Singing Bowl Practitioner (style of Osho), Advanced Chakra Yoga, Pre-Post Natal, Restorative Mind/Body, Children and Teen Certifications
|Type of opportunities I'm interested in...|